Duty in Hawaii
Wake up in the morning and smell the fresh plumeria in the air. Admire the sapphire-blue sea, the emerald green valleys lined with palm trees and the halo of a vibrant rainbow on the horizon as you drive to work. This could be your commute everyday!
NCTAMS PAC is located on the island of Oahu, nestled among pineapple fields on the hills of Wahiawa (pronounced wah-hee-wah). In the early 20th century, sugar and pineapple plantations fueled Hawaii’s economy and the town of Wahiawa was the heart of it all. Today, you can still see the remnants of plantation life and, in fact, just down the road, you can visit the major pineapple plantation on the island and be treated to fresh pineapple ice cream. Oahu is also home to the state capital, Honolulu, and this modern city abounds with a vibrant cultural scene in arts, cuisine and entertainment.
Located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, Hawaii is the birthplace of surfing and the hula, it has a rich history as a past Royal Kingdom, and it is the youngest state of the union, becoming the 50th state in 1959. Hawaii has six major islands: Kauai, Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, Maui, and Hawaii’s Big Island.
Imagine the prospect of a 3-year tour in Hawaii courtesy of the US Navy! For Information Systems Technicians (IT's), this dream can easily become a reality. What's more, the Navy has offered outstanding incentives (as if one would need an incentive to live in paradise!) to choose a tour of duty at NCTAMS PAC in Hawaii.
If the idea of life on a beautiful tropical island is not quite enough to stir one to action, consider the following advantages of a tour of duty here in Hawaii and at NCTAMS PAC:
- Opportunity to gain valuable rate-specific training and NEC's.
- Work with the latest Network technology.
- Fabulous, new and renovated family housing units.
- If you opt to live off base, generous BAH and COLA's.
- Outstanding quality of life features such as the state-of-the-art fitness facilities and the Navy's newest and largest shopping complex!
- Award-winning MWR and Single Sailor programs.
- ITT discounted tickets to many island attractions.
- Beautiful year-round weather to enjoy all types of outdoor activities.
- Experience the international flavor of the Pacific Rim (Vietnamese to Peruvian, Japanese to Samoan!) without ever travelling more than 40 miles.
- Learn to SCUBA dive, surf or sail.
- Climb Mount Ka'ala, the highest peak on Oahu and touch the clouds.
- Watch the whales from Makapu'u point.
- Learn to paddle an outrigger canoe…
The list of possibilities and advantages are endless…but why read about them when you can live them?
Contact your detailer today to inquire about a tour of duty at NCTAMS PAC in Hawaii!