The purpose of this program is to provide the active linkage of individuals with unresolved information needs with the sources or resources which are best capable of addressing those needs. Subject areas include social services, schools, child care, and community resources.
The Information and Referral (I&R) Program supports and enhances all Family Center programs by expanding their resource base "beyond the gate" of the installation. I&R links service members and their families with all resources, both civilian and military. Crucial to this effort is the exchange of ideas and resources through such media as the Internet, email, and networking with other human service programs and FFSC professionals.
These are examples of how we can help:
- How do I apply for Food Stamps?
- I need resources to help me take care of my parents.
- Where can I get a good haircut?
- What are the hours of the commissary?
- I'm getting married soon, and my new wife knows nothing about the military!
- Do you know of a class on parenting teenagers? I'm a shift worker, and I need some information on how to manage my family life.
- Where do I call to find out about WIC?
- Do you have a map of the area?
- My husband and I are getting a divorce and I need legal help.
- How do I get a fishing license?
- I need housing at my new duty station, can you help?
- Can you tell me where to find ballet lessons for my daughter?
- Where can I get help with my taxes?
- Where can I get my dependent ID card renewed?
- I need a passport by next week--can you help?
- Do you know where my foreign-born spouse can find others who speak her language?
- What is the difference between TRICARE Prime and TRICARE Standard?
- Can you help me find a place to volunteer?
Give us a call today--we'll point you in the right direction!
Information and Referral.docx
For more information: